Friday, December 11, 2009

Icecrown Citadel (25 man)

Our guild was doing Icecrown Citadel, Lord Marrowgar while I just logged in. I gotta say that the boss looks really cool...he looks like "Death" himself. One big axe, 4 skulls....

LOL I talked like I was in raid...sadly was watching Da's screen as the guild is doing the fight and learning the fight at the same time...real fun and learn about the fight...can't wait to be able to join the raid....Da says that our internet connection is getting better these days...

Writing down the abilities of the boss in normal mod so that I can remember it =) they are:-

Bone Storm - its a physical damage AOE, looks like he is doing a whirlwind...Lord Marrowgar will announce the ability before he uses it, so your melee will want to get out of the way so they don't get hit by bleed...


Saber Lash
- An incredibly powerful melee strike that splits its damage across three targets on 25 man, have to make sure all of tanks are standing together so that they don't get one shot.

Coldflame - A line of (cold) fire spawns, and you must not stand in it, cause 8k dmg per sec to anyone caught by the moving line of frost. Hhhmmm....I wonder how to avoid this one....really shouldn't stand in it...Da says its very easy to avoid....see it coming just move left or right...

Bone Spike Graveyard - Lord Marrowgar throws a bone spike at a random player, impaling all players between the boss and the target on Bone Spikes, inflicting 9,000 direct Physical damage, and additional 10% health as damage every 1 second until the spike is destroyed. Meaning anybody directly in the line of fire will be impaled. The rest of the raid will need to DPS down the spike to free impaled players. It can be avoided, and it will not hit targets being hit with Saber Lash.

Anyway yay!!! The guild downed the first boss liao =) easy...

Keeps hearing Mao mao telling the raid that he's not able to see when his shackle breaks...Its too to have the shackle macro when you doing the thrash:-

/clearfocus [button:2]
/stopmacro [button:2]
/focus [target=focus, noexists]; [target=focus, dead]
/cast [target=focus,exists,nodead] Shackle Undead

very easy to use...when the shackle break you just have to click on the button and recast...to set the target, you just have to right click on the button to clear the focus....

I have upgraded all my mods...so hopefully if they ask me to go in I will be doing fine....

Not very sure what the rest of the boss looks like since I was asked to join in for the 2nd boss...Lady Deathwhisper, my hands are all cold by the time we down her =) Long time never raid feeling worried...DBM lua errors keeps poping up till I had no choice but to disable the reporting...

We were divided into left and right side...first few tries I died very quickly to ghost...OMG and had to be brez...on the last try we downed her like with most of the people alife...Cult Adherents (spells dmg) and Cult Fanatics (melee dmg) will spawn from 3 from left and right side and the center...I have to make sure I dun aggro when any of the new adds spawn...some times I have to fade make sure to make sure adds dun come to me...and I try and move across the center circle till the adds are picked up...but when you do that you gotta be careful of the Cult Fanatics cos they cleave...One of the PITA is Curse of Torpor - Increases a player's spell cooldowns by 15 seconds...its a curse that must be decursed asap cast by Cult Adherents...

Phase 2, you must make sure you spread out (easier to see the 'ghost') and make sure you are not killed by ghost (vengeful spirit), stay away from them...green stuff on the ground you gotta avoid too (death and decay)...

Tankspot.com really had a great explanation about the fight:


3rd boss, Gunship Battle, the most embarrassing for me...cos mao mao asked me to be the attack team and I have no idea where the stupid goblin is to get the jet pack to jump over...LOL...so embarrassing...yes get your jet pack from the green thing! LOL... >.< Deathbringer Saurfang, spread out 12 yards to avoid mark from verzak (this gotta heal with lots of love LOL)...we have 2 boomkin sneezing on them...at first I couldn't understand what mao mao wants them to do until I ask kemeko...LOL...knock back the adds away...if the adds really comes to you...you gotta do some kiting till they're being "taken down" =)...it was fine enough to heal through...

No comments:

Post a Comment