Monday, November 15, 2010

Disc Priest - Evangelism and Archangel

Just respec recently for my disc priest...had so much I did not understand and still trying to figure out...

I talked to Zell about it and he says that it does not matter much whether I use smite or not and there is no standard best spec...anyway my disc spec is a bit weird but I prefer it:



Was wondering what exactly is Evangelism when I tried and click on the instant cast Archangel....OMG....

Took me a while to find out from wowhead:

At level 80, your base mana is 3863 according to http://www.wowwiki.com/Base_mana. To get 5 stacks of Evangelism we would need to cast 5 smites. Smite is 15% of base mana or 579 mana for the first smite. With Evangelism, each smite cast afterwards costs 3% less mana so 561, 544, 526, and 509. In total to get 5 stacks it would cost 2719 mana. So if it costs us 2719 mana, and Archangel returns 15% of our total mana, the only way we would lose mana using these abilities correctly is if we had less than 18,126 mana. Currently, I am sitting above 40K so I am gaining 6k minus 2719 or roughly 8.2% of my total mana.

So yes, this will be beneficial to regen mana when you have down time. Also, the bigger your total mana pool is the better your regen will be. As you upgrade gear and get a larger mana pool, your base mana pool stays the same, (except when you level). So while the cost of the spells will remain the same (when you hit 85) the regen will only get better as you gear up.


sigh...I ran through a few heroic instance to find out how it works....casting smite 5 times and then archangel is really fun...since I never have mana problem I am not sure how well it works getting mana etc back since I am not lack of it...also I am not in raid to test it out LOL...of cos it will also depend on whether the raid can allow for me to do tat OMG...currently I just see a very cool animation on my character...I am with wings!!! LOL...

After going for a few instance, I found out that I did not glyph my disc spec OMG...what a blunder....CMI man!!

Glyphs as advised by wowpopluar (please note I kinda crop the image a bit):



I am not too sure what to use at the moment, hence I only added the following for my glyph:
Prime Glyph:Penance, Power Word: Barrier, Power Word: Shield
Major Glyph:Pain Suppression, Inner Fire
Minor Glyph: Shadowfiend, leviate and Fortitude

Fixing up my disc priest has been fun but I still prefers holy priest hee...
hmmm...I just realised that I have not blog about what I have done for my holy priest...I guess I just have to do it later...

No comments:

Post a Comment